Friday, June 10, 2011

We are adding to the family!

I know what your thinking, what they're adding to the family! Are they crazy?! Yes we are. We have adopted three little birdies. We don't have names from them yet. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. Over the past month or so I have seen these cute little projects with birds and just had to do one for our daughters room. (More to come).








Here it is! So cute, right?

So if you would like to make one for your little girls room or whatever room you like here is what I did.

Supplies:

One wire birdcage
Spray paint
Fabric
Black beads
White felt
Thread
Hot glue gun
Sewing machine









I picked up this birdcage at Salvation Army for $4. It needed a paint job good thing I have plenty of spray paint on hand.








Then I found this tutorial online for the birds. Here.


Once I was done with the birds. I took invisible thread and hung them on the top so that I looked like they were flying. Then I made three ruffles to go around the bottom. I left the edges unfinished I like the frayed look. I took my hot glue gun and glued the ruffles all the way around until all were glued.










I hung it by more fabric from a hook that was already on my daughters ceiling. Which by the way I have to move because it's too close to the door, good thing she has two doors! I just love the way it looks with her pink salmon walls that my husband painted earlier this year.

So there you have it, super easy. You can also find lots of other bird patterns online. My main objective was to spend little to no money on this project. The only thing that I paid for was the birdcage everything else I already had. This project cost me $4.








Here's the happy little girl with three little birdies. So worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment