Monday, June 13, 2011

Cut-off jeans skirt

Well I finally got some sewing in. It has been a little crazy at my house with summer vacation and seven kids at home. My sewing time has been minimal due to not enough hours in my day, if only I could cut out the sleeping part. I could get so many other things done.

In my house my girls gets holes in the knees of their jeans almost as fast as my son does. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to figure out what to do with these pieces. I made shorts out of the jeans and now I'm left with two halves of the legs. Then it hit me. I could turn it into a skirt for one my younger girls.

All I did was cut out the main seam and so it right sides together. Made an elastic casing and there you go a skirt that took about 20 minutes.


This skirt already had all of the embellishment. Its frayed at the ends and it looks a little worn but it's one of those outfits that is perfect for playing outside or running around like a wild girl. We have a lot of those I mean wild girls in my house. Hopefully they slow down a bit this week. They are reading for the summer reading program. Great incentive for kids to read, so glad that mine already love it.
- emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment